Sunday, March 2, 2008

Birthday Cards!

So my brother and his family moved to the San Fransisco bay area back in August of last year. This is the first time anyone in my family has moved so far away. It has been really strange having them gone. I miss seeing them and their 7 kids, and going to their Birthday parties. You see, my nephews are more like my little brothers. The oldest was born when I was 11 and to me that was Heavenly Fathers way of giving me the little brother I always wanted. I hold a very special place in my heart for these little boys (now pre-teen). I miss them so much, and I miss seeing my older brother. Our family things seem so different. It seems like we are missing someone all the time.

Since November, 5 out of the 7 kids have had Birthdays that we missed. So in November I had this brilliant idea of making them cards and loading them full of cash (from me and my sisters)...However because I am the biggest procrastinator EVER I didn't do them until now. I spent all day yesterday working on them, something like 10 hours, but it made me feel not so far from them. Kory also joined the fun and made something just for me. It probably was the funnest Saturday I have had in a long time. Let me know what you think!

Kory's Paper doll


Kory's Paper doll's back view


The "Pirate"

Inside

The "Super Hero"

Inside


The "King" Card


Inside



The "Knight"


Inside

The "Fairy"


Inside

6 comments:

rain said...

So Cute! I'm jealous of the creativity. I always have these good intentions to make a cute card, but in the end, find myself at the dollar store, looking for a quick fix. I'm a terrible person. You are a good one.

KaSs MiLeS said...

Those are fantastic! That looks like SO much work! Well done!

Angie said...

Cute cards. What a sweet aunt.

Jessica Peterson said...

Aims... so bloody cute. Kory's doll cracked me up, i want one too.
Hey you really should try to come to art night and make stuff with me. Plus i wanna play with your cricket thing. love you and miss you!

Jess~ca said...

Those are so cute! Even cuter in person!

I just noticed you had a blog link from facebook, and I have a blog too! I am no good at updating/blogging... but oh well :)

badgerflygare.blogspot.com

-Jessica Flygare

Chelsey said...

Hi Amy! Your blog is so fun! I love the birthday cards you made. You're such a great aunt! I'm so excited that you have a blog. Make sure to check mine out too! :)