Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The days before Christmas

GIFTS
I made over 600 of these pretzel things to give out to our neighbors!
I also made these ornament tags...The Sunday before Christmas we went as a family and delivered our neighbor gifts. It took us well over 3 hours to do so, and at first we walked, but after a half an hour or so the sun started to set and we started to get cold and Axel's nose and cheeks were all rosey, so we all loaded up in our car and drove around delivering these gifts by car instead. This was one of my FAVORITE things to do with my family growing up and it was fun to start the tradition with my own little family.

On the first day of Christmas...
"Someone" decided to do the 12 days of Christmas to our family this year.

Each bag had a part of the scripture story of the Birth of Jesus written on it and inside a little gift was a part of the manger!And also some sugar free treats for our little family!
Thanks mom, oops I mean the little Christmas Elf!

DECORATIONS
I worked really hard to decorate our house this season, it was A LOT of work, but I had a lot of fun doing something each day to make my home more festive. (But I was also glad to take it all down on new years day :)

I made another Star for Axel's stocking to join the other stockings on the wall (One day I hope to have a fireplace...)

I made this door hanging out of some branches from the tree in our backyard, I thought it turned out nicely and added a nice touch.
Here is our tree, this year
I made a Christmas Rocks garland...
With Swallows...
Guitars...Tapes...
and Stars.
I think it turned out cute, but it was more work than I thought it would be. And I had to change the ribbon because I didn't buy enough of the stuff I wanted to use to wrap around the whole tree. But I think it all worked out, and turned out great if I do say so myself!

Garland. I got 6 10 foot garlands at the YW garage sale this summer for 3 bucks! They were in way nice condition and I LOVED how festive it made my house feel this year.


Stars...Eventually I found a nail for the other side of my door to hang up a star on each side, but this is how they were MOST of December. :) Bows

So I was walking around Target one day and I saw this cute fabric tree, and thought oh that's cute! I looked at the price tag and it was 30 bucks! I thought no way! I'll just make it, so I went home, pulled out some paper to make a pattern, and then pulled out some scraps of fabric, and made my own version! I think it turned out pretty dang cute. ( Just to note, the one at the store was not nearly as cute, and didn't have all the cute embellishments that was my idea :) That's it folks for now... one more Christmas post to go and then I am all caught up! SHEESH remind me next year to not get behind on my blogs!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Holy shiz woman! I had like 2 days total to do my decorations so putting up the Christmas tree and making like 4 ornaments for it was as far as it went. I'll pay you next year to decorate our house :)

Hannah Schott said...

Wow! I'm impressed. It looks great!

Sarah said...

Ah you made your house very cute - I love decorations!

KaSs MiLeS said...

you did a great job!! all for story to destroy. :) i didn't have time or energy this christmas to do anything, you did a great job!

Ashley said...

Super cute house....so creative!

rain said...

I can't even believe how much you did before Christmas. Add into that the cutest little shirts you made for Story and Syd in the beginning of December...you are amazing. And everything is so completely cute, honestly.