Thursday, June 3, 2010

our BIG weekend

Ok, so you know how you plan and you plan for something awesome when you have a big weekend, like lets say, Memorial Day? And then the universe throws a wrench in it and the whole thing blows up in your face? And you just are soo unhappy the whole time because of the expectation you had?

Do you get what I am trying to say? Well that was our Anniversary/Memorial Day weekend, and yeah I am going to say boo hoo, poor me for a minute, because we, ok so maybe I, REALLY needed it to be great. So thanks universe for NOT throwing us a bone...

Axel had Croup and was just miserable until Monday. I became his human pacifier all weekend long. And I say this because as much as I LOVE nursing and am so grateful that I was able to do so, last weekend was one of those times where all I wanted was for him to take a pacifier or a bottle. It was horrible, and really until you have that experience you really have no clue what I am talking about, nor can you sympathize. So don't judge me.

But we still tried to have fun... even with a sick baby. There was some fun sprinkled here and there. So in a way, I guess you could say our glass was half full, but in a lot of ways it was half empty as well. Despite our efforts to have lots of fun, it wasn't until about Monday, and then we really had fun. So here's to the glass being half full!

We went to the Zoo, and met up with Kassie, Jerome and Story. It was PACKED, and we packed way to much stuff, and I wish I would have left Axel's stroller in the car, because it really just got in the way and was only carrying stuff that we really didn't need anyway. We didn't need it because Kory carried Axel around the entire time anyway so he could impart all his animal wisdom on him. And believe me, this guy knows ALOT about animals. SO I basically just stood back and watched and lugged around all the luggage, as my husband and son spent the afternoon discussing animals.


Most of the animals were being lazy or they were gone. I was really disappointed that there were only 5 penguins, when last time there were like a bazillion, (yeah that's a number).

But Axel enjoyed all the Foliage ( I learned you pronounce it this way, go, HERE or HERE to hear the correct usage) He also really liked the animals that he could see, like the giraffes, the baby elephant and rhino.
Pretend that the big tiger is Celeste, and the little one is Zoe :)

Then after we went to the zoo, we took Axel swimming for the first time, which he loved! I wish I would have gotten a picture of him just chilling in the tube the entire time just watching all the kids swim. It was cute. If you were there you know what I am talking about.

Then we came home and finally watched AVATAR! I know most have you have already seen it, but we don't go to movies anymore because 1) people are WAY too loud at movies, and it drives us both crazy.(side note: The last time we went to a movie I was 7 1/2 months pregnant, and I got into a fight with a lady who would NOT be quiet, yeah I was THAT angry, and when I was pregnant I really didn't have a filter, if I was mad, I was not afraid to tell you so.) and 2) Despite my inability to control my rage when people ruin movies for me, its A LOT more fun watching movies on my big screen TV, in my skivvies while my husband rubs my feet, eating brownies and ice cream. My point, we finally watched Avatar, and it was really good. I liked it a lot and Axel went to bed peacefully that night. So good way to end our weekend. :)

Like the month of May, our weekend was "In like a lion and out like a lamb."

That although, at first it was really hard and really stressful, and it came with some major meltdowns on my part. (more on that another time) By the end of the weekend, everything was back on track and we had a good time.

5 comments:

Kyle said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love your camera.

Also, what a lovely shirt Kory is wearing. It's so well designed!

Also also, my word verification is mooksniz. It made me chuckle when I saw it.

Kelli said...

To validate your choice, when I went to Avatar it was the second worse experience of my life. I spent most of the movie in the lobby laying on a couch wondering when I would need to run to the bathroom to puke. (The worst was The Hurt Locker, during which I did run to the bathroom TWICE to puke and Kyle wouldn't go home).

KaSs MiLeS said...

thank you for not posting pictures of me. i really appreciate it. :) sorry you had a bear of a weekend, and then didn't even see any bears at the zoo. i was a little disappointed in the zoo as well. oh well though.
my word verification is "joyaride"

Melonius said...

I can count on my hand the times we've gone to the theater to watch a movie. It's so expensive, and the seats don't fit me and home theaters are so nice now that its way more comfy to watch at home. Though you probably didn't see it in 3D, which was kind of cool. My worst was when we went to see Fellowship of the Ring and I got stuck next to some dude who reaked of marijuana. And the seats all have those pillow things on top that do not line up correctly for me ergonomically. Miserable. After we saw Avatar {actually one of the few that we've seen in theaters} I got sick and in my dreams everyone was blue.

Sarah said...

Sick children are never fun - I'm glad you could still enjoy some of the nice long weekend! Dusty and Kory are more similar than I thought - they both love animals and have endless facts about them and they hate watching movies at the theatre. I love that family photo - so cute!