Monday, June 28, 2010

Summer in FULL Swing

I love summer. I love the water. I am sooo glad my son has similar feelings. I just hope I don't burn him out with all the swimming we are doing.

Here are some of our Swimming adventures thus far!

Ash and Ashdon

For Ashley's birthday at the first of the month we took the boys swimming, and we BOTH forgot our cameras. Luckily I had a few shots on my phone and got some cute pictures of the boys.
Ashley and Ashdon going down the slideMe and Axel (I know its probably the best picture of us EVER)

Later that week we hit up the Jensen pool! (photo courtesy of Ashley's blog) It brought back sooo many memories of my teen years, it got us thinking that we need to have a reunion with all the "girls" there! We ran into a girl we went to High school with, and she had 3 kids now! Crazy!

Spanish Fork with Hilary's Family

We also hit up the Spanish Fork pool with Hilary's kids and then the Hawaiian Ice snow shack, which although their cones are GREAT looking, they ALWAYS tip over. I don't think I have ever been there where one of the kids I am with doesn't have their cone tip over. They are ridiculous.
Axel missed the snow cone part, its not even that far from the pool, but the time we got there, he was out!

Story and "Axel, Axel, Axel"

Then last week Cousin Story came over and we had a day in the little wading pool. (don't mind our trash and construction pile in the back, I know makes for some real CLASSY photos)

They both loved it, but Axel really likes to splash and Story did NOT like that, she kept trying to get in and then he would splash her and she would come running back to me yelling "Assel, Assel, Assel." and then some gibberish, like she was telling on him. Funny stuff.
Story telling on Axel, She was not to thrilled he was splashing
Axel just being a boy. But do you see the water everywhere? He was being pretty crazy!

But she got in eventually and joined him.

To get them to smile at the same time I had to sing. I think this is where I messed up the words to "Go Go Go" from Backyardigans-
Then her mommy came over and we went and got snow cones from Summer Snow in Orem to celebrate something exciting :) No pictures of that, but the kiddies loved there kiddie cups full of shaved ice. (don't worry dad, no flavor added)

Then the next day after a LONG day of trying to get Kory's car fixed and Detailed for father's day, I was pulling out of Supper Sonic Carwash and BAM! I was rear ended. Luckily nothing but a few scratches, but when he hit me I was like "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Isn't that how it always goes? Seriously.

Spanish Fork Reservoir with Hilary's kids
Well anyway, after that we headed over to the Spanish Fork Reservoir with my sister Hilary. It was fun, and Axel liked the water but not the sand. He loved playing with his cousin Nicolas. He just thinks he is so neat, he always wants to do what Nicolas is doing, and I think Nicolas likes that.

That night as a family we went to our Stake picnic, and it was really fun...

Axel got a little fresh with a neighbor girl. He just lunged at her. Can you tell by her expression?
He also enjoyed watching the rockets, and playing with Carson and Kelsey. (We are kinda lucky, in that way. When I was pregnant with him, I was in YW, and the girls were really excited about him, I was worried it would fade as he got older, but they all really still love playing with him) He loved his snow cone..

But he WOULD not try the cotton candy. He refused, even though I know if he tasted it we would have LOVED it. Kory was pretty happy about that.That pretty much sums up what we have been doing, lots of fun for sure.

8 comments:

Jess~ca said...

I'm so jealous!! I miss Utah so much :( Everything looks like so much fun, I go swimming with Shane at our neighborhood pool a bunch but it would be even more fun if I had a friend there with me! I'll be in Utah for a couple of weeks in July and hopefully we can get together and take the boys swimming!

-Jess

KaSs MiLeS said...

Those two kids are pretty cute together. :)

rain said...

So many cute pictures! I am thinking that Axel's not going to have any choice but to LOVE swimming, having you as a mom. ;)

Kelli said...

Man, you've been so ridiculously busy!

Well done!

Sarah said...

What a fun summer - Axel's a lucky kid!! I love that he's already a lady's man ;)

Ashley said...

I love summer time!!!

Kat Clark said...

So I take it you are hoping he turns into a tiny merman? Yeah. That woule be really cute. I get it. ;)

Jessie Eyre said...

OH my oh my oh my. He's so dang cute. I can't even stand it.

Love the picture splurge! I want more of them!