Thursday, February 21, 2013

Vacation~Day 4

It is true what they say Disney Land, truly is the HAPPIEST place on earth.

Before this trip, I would have argued otherwise. In fact, we had no intention of taking our kids there this trip. The weekend before our trip we had gone to Lagoon for Kory's work party. Lagoon was fun, don't get me wrong. But there weren't a whole lot of rides that we all could do together. Kory and I spent the time watching our kids go on them all, which was fun, but we didn't need to do it again. That is what I thought Disney Land would be like. Us standing around, and watching our kids for hours. 

So, we had decided that it would be best to save our money and wait for a time our kids could really enjoy it. 

Well, lucky for us, Kory has some really awesome relatives who convinced us to go to DisneyLand anyway, their treat! NICE RIGHT? I mean how could we say no?? Still thank you, thank you, thank you, Jolyn and Kim!!

I mean how could we pass it up?! So we switched gears and plans and decided that our last day in California would be spent at DisneyLand.

But before we went there, we decided we would make a quick stop at the Longbeach pier to check out all the ships, and lighthouse...

Walking along the pier

I have never seen so many sail boats in all my life! I would love to own a sail boat one day when I retire, and just sail the world all over! ha ha a girl can dream :) 

A pirate ship! 
The view of the light house! 


It was a really nice walk because we were pretty much the only ones there, minus a few runners :) 

A fun little beach park with a boat!  




And my kids thought this wheel was AWESOME! 



 More boats and a view of Long beach


  
My regular camera I guess had a smudge on it so these next few are a bit blurry. 

At the light house, we of course rolled down the hill :) 

                 

                    View of the ocean from the light house

On our way both to and from the light house we had to stop and look for sea creatures in the rocks. (are you surprised :)
                                           

Kory showing Axel probably something cool...
                              

                           


There was a pelican just hanging out, Dani is trying to call it to her. She has her fathers love for animals. 


The view was amazing, and it was calm, and slow, unlike anything we had done in California to date. It was nice, and peaceful. 

That was until Kory spotted a crab, so we all went to see it, well on the way back Dani didn't want to leave it, she was throwing a huge fit, and I was trying to keep myself balanced while climbing over those rocks, I slipped and twisted my ankle, and fell with her in my arms. We are so lucky neither one of us hit our head, we came so close! 

So the next part of our trip kinda sucked, because we had to make that walk all the way back to our car, with three of us crying. :) 

This all happened about an hour before we were supposed to meet Kim and Jolyn at Disneyland.

Waiting in the parking lot with the kiddos, with my swollen ankle.  
Lucky for me we found a Walmart, and got a foot wrap, and IBP and then headed on our way to the happiest place on EARTH! 


Meeting Mickey


Downtown Disney
 The first thing we did was the Light Saber Training. It was here that yet another sad thing happened. Suddenly, Axel got really lethargic  and sick. I thought it was maybe he was just dehydrated, poor kid tried so hard to stand up so he could be picked, but he just didn't have the strength. So he never got picked to do the Light Saber Training. I think we will have to go back now that he loves Star Wars so so much. I bet he would LOVE it.


Everywhere Dani goes, people stop and talk to her and tell her how beautiful she is. She has a hard life. 

 The Buz Lightyear ride was so fun!


 As you can see from this picture Axel wasn't feeling too well. But he still had fun shooting Zurge the whole time.

It's a Small World After all!

Kim, Jolyn and Kims friend,(I forgot her name it has been so long!) Kim got us sweet hookups to all the rides, which was really nice since my foot was hurt, and Axel was sick. If I kept walking my foot was ok, so it was such a blessing that we didn't have to wait in any lines! 


Dani loved this ride, she was dancing and waving her arm the whole time and pointing at all the babies! I can't wait to take her on it again someday, it was my favorite part! 




Poor Axel felt so miserable but he was trying to be happy.

Tea pots, before we wised up and got the poor kid some medicine.




Sword in the stone! This was about an hour after we got him some Children's IBprofen. It was like night and day difference! 



Jolyn is so great! I loved spending time with her, she is such a nice and funny person! 

Pluto! 
First trip to Disneyland Buttons from Aunt Jolyn! 
He was feeling great by the time it was time for us to leave! Bummer, but I know he still had fun, he talks about it all the time. :)

Of course we had to have this picture :) 


They started decorating for Halloween while we were there, here is a Mickey Mouse Pumpkin, Axel liked that a lot. 

 Dumbo!!! It was so fun to go on rides with our kids there! 


I feel so blessed to have gotten to go on this trip and spend it with the people I love the most. I know a lot of people sacrificed to make it happen, and I am so grateful that Kory was able to use his travel points to make it happen! It was a great way to end our Summer! 


No comments: